Friday, June 22, 2012

Week 3

I made some serious progress in week 3:

 I began nagging my manager for more work, and he ended up dropping a huge project on me.  I don't know too much about it yet, but it seems like I'll be doing some project management for a really influential change in the department that I'm in.

Along with a big work addition, I finally began reaching out to people beyond those that are in my office.  I emailed one of our speakers, who is a very important person, and he got right back to me and set me up with a colleague of his. His colleague, Wei, was very excited to talk to me and I was able to get a good grasp of what his department does.  I plan to continue reaching out to people in other departments to learn more.  Everyone seems to love to tell others about their job, and they are even willing to take time out of their day to tell a measly little intern about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment